With school and summer ended, alumni are preparing to enter a time of transition with major changes on the horizon.
Many alumni will be…
- Starting a new job.
- Moving to a new city.
- Applying what they’ve learned in real world application.
- Going from seeing their friends on a weekly basis, to being scattered across the country.
- Transitioning from an on-campus ministry to finding a local church and Christian community.
While these transitions hold great excitement, they can also be a bit daunting. Contemplating this time of change brought to mind Joshua 1:9.
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Joshua and the nation of Israel were transitioning from desert wanderers, eating manna to becoming warriors who would claim their homeland, and eat the fruit of the land. It was exciting! Yet, they were also facing powerful armies and the unknown.
During this time of change, God reminded Joshua to be strong and courageous, and that He would be with him wherever he went.
Alumni need to be reminded of this rich promise too. God is with them—in a new city, at their job, as they move away from friends. He is with them and is at work. Pray alumni would be reminded of God’s presence, and would see Him at work in their lives.
This is also why we are working to find a mentor for each alumni, so, as they walk through this time of change, they can receive wise counsel and remain grounded in the Word. God is with them, but we also want them to have a local Christian who will reach out and invest in their life. Pray that God would provide the right local mentor for each alumni.
During this time of change, Alumni Connect takes on a bigger role as graduates transition from college to new jobs and cities. We want to be a resource as they look for work and an encouragement as they take on these new challenges. Pray we would provide wise counsel and help, and God would provide jobs for these recent graduates.
Other Prayer Requests:
- As mentors and alumni get together, pray these relationships would be established, build trust, and lay a strong foundation for continued growth.
- God would lead us to individuals with a heart to disciple and help alumni grow in their walk with God, and integrate Biblical truth in their day-to-day life.