One distinct aspect of Alumni Connect’s process is the Entry-Point Mentor who meets college seniors before they graduate. This relationship prepares soon-to-be alumni for the “warm hand off” to the Local Mentor after graduation, building trust with Alumni Connect before alumni leave campus.
We offer a unique way to get involved with
college-aged students beyond the
typical monetary donation to a campus ministry.
EPMs are completely volunteer. Unlike college seniors’ current campus ministry relationships, this is not a job or a church program, or even an Alumni Connect program.
The Soon-to-Be Alumni learns to:
- Trust a person outside their campus ministry.
- Work with a seasoned believer other than their parents.
- Look at the next season with specific reality in the picture.
Value other believers’ life experiences.
This Senior + EPM relationship will:
- Span the time gap between graduation and eventual connection with a Local Mentor
- Encourage the seniors in their walk with God in light of the upcoming “unknowns.”
Inspire them about their contributions in the next dynamic season of life
EPMs have a long-term perspective of the process.
While they play a critical role preparing these soon-to-be alumni for mentorship after graduation, they will say “goodbye” at the end of senior year. Their new young friend, now a college graduate, will leave campus to start their “real world” life in another city and connect with a Local Mentor in that location.
Our EPMs Commit to….
4 Cups of Coffee
2 Phone Calls
after graduation? You’ll send 6 texts and make 3 phone calls